Experienced Construction Site Manager
Rebuilding the Montgomery Canal
Part-time building up to Full-time
£35k – 40k negotiable
Suit someone nearing retirement
This is a 12 months’ highway bridge construction contract starting late in 2021 to manage the day to day activities of the project. After an initial part-time period being briefed on the design, programme, preparing the preconstruction paperwork and familiarisation, the main site works will start mid-March 2022 and are scheduled to take 7 months.
The workforce will comprise a mix of experienced sub-contractors
and skilled and canal restoration volunteers.
- Applicants should be experienced in RC construction and familiar with installing precast concrete units, gabions and reinforced earthworks.
- Knowledge of the Highways Works Specification will be an advantage together with the ability to co-ordinate and liaise with the Local Authority
- You will naturally be conversant with current CDM and H&S legislation and competent in preparing RAMS.
- Liaising with clients and reporting on progress to staff and the public
- Liaising with the County Highways officers and consultants as necessary
- Buying materials for each phase of the project
- Monitoring build costs and project progress
- Conducting quality and safety inspections
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up
- Assessing and minimising risk
- Writing reports and keeping on top of paperwork