Children’s Therapeutic Care Worker
Salary circa £21,200 – £23,700pa depending upon experience, includes sleep-ins
Full time, part-time and bank contracts available
Our Client is a leading provider of childcare in the Belvoir Estate near Grantham, with all our homes on the boarders of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Leicestershire.
Due to growth we are looking for enthusiastic Children’s Residential Care Workers who can work within our Therapeutic framework in our 3-4 bed residential homes. You will be part of a team working with children aged between 7-17 years old to provide a nurturing and positive ‘parenting’ environment and build relationships with the children in our care. You should be trustworthy, honest, compassionate, and reliable. The Level 4 Children’s and Young People/Social Care Qualification (previously Level 3) or equivalent is desirable but not essential as full induction and training will be given.
Your duties will include:
• creating a warm and caring environment for children who live with us
• providing support to children who may have been subject to abuse, neglect, or other issues
• promoting life skills for their future
• day to day care such as: preparing meals, housekeeping, school run, food shopping and engaging in recreational activities including holidays
We are looking for candidates who:
• are emotionally resilient with a passion to achieve outstanding outcomes for young people
• can work days, evenings, nights (sleep-ins) and weekends
• ideally hold a level 3 or 4 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent (although not essential)
Rewards and Benefits:
• Our hourly rate for unqualified TCWs is £9.00, qualified TCWs is £9.60 and sleep-ins are paid at £35.00 per sleep. You will be expected to cover 7-10 sleep-ins per month.
• 28 days annual holiday inclusive of bank holidays
• Auto enrolment pension
• Free meals on shift
• Refer a Friend scheme – earn £250 per referral when your friend starts working for us!
• Excellent training and progression opportunities (ambitious candidates can be qualified within a year, senior within two years, accepted on our trainee registered manager programme within two years and appointed to a manger role within four years)
• A great work/life balance – You will work 173 hours per calendar month. We have shift patterns of two days on (including a sleep) followed by four days off or one day on (including sleep) followed by two days off, scheduled on rolling rotas.