Brightside Recruitment are looking to recruit a Care Home Manager
- To take all responsibilities for the smooth and efficient running of the Home outwith the Business Manager’s remit.
- To oversee and take full responsibility for the overall care of the Residents.
- To delegate tasks and monitor all other staff activity.
- To manage the induction, training and supervision of colleagues and junior members of staff in all aspects of their work.
- 1st Level Nurse.
- Ability to focus and work to a deadline.
- Clinical expertise in the care of the elderly and younger physically disabled.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent example setting.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to motivate staff and promote good team-work.
- Venepuncture certified.
- Certificated in courses applicable to the client group.
- Organise staff workload effectively and appropriately, checking that there is always good skill mix and staff cover as per agreed by staffing level requirements. Ensure adequate staff cover and take responsibility to check this regularly.
- Take full responsibility for Client Care, and ensure this is carried out by all staff at the highest standard.
- Report and liaise with our GP and other appropriate professionals where ill health or concerns arise.
- Check that all Resident documentation is completed on admission and Care Plans/Risk Assessments etc are completed within 2 weeks. Delegate if this is not done or updated/reviewed as necessary or required. Encourage staff to do these with Resident /Relative participation.
- The computer Audit must be checked and updated on a very frequent basis
- Carry out all Nursing Procedures efficiently and effectively, as well as teaching/supervising other staff in these tasks as necessary.
- Administering medication as per the Home’s Policy and Procedure, and checking that all staff comply.
- Setting a good example in any management of a Resident’s personal/ financial affairs and following the Policies and Procedures related to this.
- Take responsibility that the monthly drug order for the Residents is completed accurately and efficiently. Training and delegating such skills to other senior staff.
- To ensure, and delegate as necessary, that all documentation is accurate and up to date. This includes reminders to staff to carry out 6 monthly Resident reviews.
- Be aware of and ensure all Policies and Procedures of the Home are updated and are followed and adhered to. This will be carried out in conjunction with the Business Manager.
- Carry out nursing staff practical assessments and appraisals on at least an annual basis and at other times as deemed a requirement.
- Be responsible for all Health and Safety Documentation of the Business making sure records are updated on a regular basis and adhered to. This will be carried out in conjunction with the Business Manager.
- Provide an accurate, clear and concise handover report to all relevant staff members at the end of the shift.
- Ensure the kitchen and relevant other staff are aware of all Resident’s dietary requirements, and that these are being met.
- Establish and maintain good communication with Resident’s, relatives and visitors ensuring they are kept fully informed of any changes.
- Participate in staff/ residents/ relatives meetings as required.
- Ensure that staff do not abuse the use of nursing supplies and relevant commodities are used appropriately and conservatively.
- Ensure that staff induction and training programmes are organised and carried out effectively to a high standard.
- Ensure that all aspects of hygiene, cleanliness and odour control is carried out to the highest standard.
- To ensure that all moving and handling of residents is carried out safely.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence. Take all opportunities to update and learn new clinical skills.
- Adhere to all aspects of Health and Safety/Fire Safety as per documented Policies and Procedures. Ensure all staff understand and comply with these.
- Adhere to the Confidentiality Policy of the Home and ensure other staff are fully aware of this requirement.
- Ensure the Home is presented at all times in a tidy and well maintained condition, reporting any defects/shortcomings to the management.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and requirements of the post and you may be asked to carry out other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
You will work closely with the Business Manager and share responsibility and work together where appropriate. You will also work closely with the Deputy Manager.